A scholarship just for HBCU seniors
You’re going to do great things. Make sure graduating is one of them.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Wells Fargo are proud to announce the HBCU College Completion Scholarship — offering a total of $1,000,000 in funds.
Who should apply?
The scholarship is for seniors who have demonstrated financial need and who are also attending a historically Black college or university (HBCU). Each scholarship recipient may be awarded up to $5,000 (depending on their demonstrated financial need) for education costs.
When are applications due?
Scholarship applications open online Nov. 9, 2021, and will be accepted through Jan. 3, 2022.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a current senior at an HBCU, with plans to graduate in 2022.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or a passport stamped I-551.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need in outstanding bills that would prevent you from persisting or graduating (determined in consultation with the school’s bursar or registrar).
- Complete the online application requesting funds.
For more details on submission requirements:
Visit the TMCF-Wells Fargo HBCU College Completion Scholarship application page by clicking the button below.
Nov. 9, 2021
Jan. 3, 2022
Award recipients notified and scholarship funds disbursed.